Use the Recovery Console for my Gen 4 VPS
Use the Recovery Console to regain access to your Generation 4 VPS if you've been inadvertently locked out by a new firewall or iptables rule. You need to know your server username and password to connect to your server via SSH or Remote Desktop (RDC).
- If you've got a Generation 4 Dedicated Server, the Recovery Console steps are different.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Servers, and next to the Generation 4 VPS you want to use, click Manage.
- In the top left corner of the account Dashboard, select Recovery Console.
- Press Enter. You can now log into your server to make changes.
C3: Share SPICE sessions
The SPICE Console allows for both you and the customer to "take over" each other's session. Once the customer is logged into the SPICE Console, you can click to launch the Recovery Console and the session will start right where the customer left off. The customer can perform the same action to take over your session as needed. Passing the session back and forth is useful for navigating the server together.